Brian Beckcom: Building a Law Practice for Your Life and Happiness
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Brian Beckcom discuss:
- Doing the hard thing, even when that means doing nothing.
- How Brian’s childhood led him to build his own personal injury law firm.
- Overcoming the peer pressure and expectations society (and big law) puts on you as a lawyer.
- Taking action with purpose and passion to get the most out of your talents and strengths.
- The only thing in life that gives true happiness and fulfillment is overcoming obstacles and challenges.
- You should decide what you want your life to look like then design your business to suit your life.
- Set parameters and priorities for yourself and hold to them. It will be easier to make the hard decisions and will help you find your happiness.
- One shortcut to happiness is to help other people.
“If you, as a lawyer, develop the skills to bring in business, you can basically do whatever you want to do.” — Brian Beckcom
Connect with Brian Beckcom:
Thank you to our Sponsors!
LegalEase Marketing: https://legaleasemarketing.com/
Practice Panther: https://www.practicepanther.com/
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.