In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Brian Michalek discuss:
- Brian’s background (and initial struggle) in business development.
- Going through Steve’s business development program and how it helped to grow Brian’s business.
- The value in one-on-one coaching.
- Managing business development with billable hours.
- Business development is a skill that can be learned, and sometimes working with a coach and taking classes may be what is needed to grow your business.
- Perfect practice makes perfect – even in business development.
- If you’re not managing your time, the time is managing you.
- Not all practices and organizations will be right for you. There are many things to take into account when making that decision.
“Not all organizations are created equal. It’s important to take into account other factors, like culture and colleagues, when practicing law. It can make a big difference in the ability for you to practice, as well as your happiness and lifestyle.” — Brian Michalek
Connect with Brian Michalek:
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.