Brian Weinthal: Failing Forward with Business Development
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Brian Weinthal discuss:
- The lifetime skill of networking and business development.
- Knowing what you do well, what you don’t do well, and doing both.
- How business development is like baseball.
- Why the key to networking is relationships.
- The law is a sales and relationship job, even if they never tell you that in law school.
- Failure is imperative. Without failure, there is no learning. Failure is the true constant in every career. Do those things that do not come easy, that make you uncomfortable, and fail forward.
- You cannot let internalisation eat you alive if something doesn’t go the way you think it will.
- There is no shame in using a coach. There is no stigma or reputation that should ever attach to anybody for reaching out to somebody to ask for help in business development.
“No one particular type of networking or business development is perfect for everyone. Each person that decides they’re going to have their own book of business and their own clients that’s going to make them valuable to their organization needs to find the right way to network, or the right kind of networking, for them. That leads to optimal results.” — Brian Weinthal
Connect with Brian Weinthal:
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.