Christina Martini: Standing Out and Being More than Excellent
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Christina Martini discuss:
- Christina’s journey from engineering to law school and how she got into her current role as a partner in the non-patent aspects of IP law at McDermott Will & Emery in Chicago.
- Developing a book of business for those who aren’t necessarily in front of clients every day.
- Learning new languages and plans, working with coaches, and growing as a lawyer in business development.
- Staying connected and finding normalcy during COVID-19.
- The foundation of building your book of business is being excellent at what you do, developing your street cred, and enjoying being with clients, both figuratively and literally.
- It is important to put aside what your normal personality profile predilections are, get out there and make a name for yourself.
- Plans, processes, and languages are there to be learned and studied so that it becomes more normal and comfortable.
- Be as transparent as possible in the engagement process.
“Being excellent at what you do is just the beginning.” — Christina Martini
Connect with Christina Martini:
LinkedIn: Christina Martini
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.