Colleen Hurley: Working with a Synergistic Coach to Grow Your Book
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Colleen Hurley discuss:
- Colleen’s decision to hire a coach, and hiring a male coach, to grow her own book of business and business development skills.
- Finding a synergistic coaching relationship.
- Skills learned by working with Steve as her coach.
- What it takes to be successful in growing your book of business.
- Gender should not be a consideration in who you work with – it has nothing to do with gender and everything to do with the person and who you connect with for things to work well.
- By taking the pressure off, you’re more likely to work with someone as it doesn’t feel forced and you can build a genuine connection.
- Focus on your work product – you need to consistently provide quality representation for your book of business.
- If you care enough about something, you will make the time and prioritize it. Working with a coach can assist you in finding that time management while growing your book and strengthening you in your career.
“The thing that is most helpful is doing great work for someone – because then they’re going to want to refer you, they’re going to want to give your name to a friend who needs that same level of work.” — Colleen Hurley
Connect with Colleen Hurley:
LinkedIn: Colleen Hurley
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.