Dan Cotter: The Keys to Networking and Driving Customer Service
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Dan Cotter discuss:
- Associations as a great way to network.
- Increasing engagement in networking meetings.
- Networking as gardening – it’s a long term process that takes attention.
- Setting appropriate expectations from the beginning.
- You can’t just show up to networking events and hope that it works. You will make more of an impact if you can demonstrate leadership, speak, or otherwise engage with others.
- Have an agenda and be upfront about that being the goal of any meeting.
- Networking opens doors, but you have to go in and seal the deal.
- Accountability can help you to continue to improve your book of business.
“We have two ears and one mouth. In listening to clients, a big goal is to make sure I understand what their needs are and to be practical.” — Dan Cotter
Connect with Dan Cotter:
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.