Dave Johnson: Negotiation and Communication to Connect with Decision Makers
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Dave Johnson discuss:
- What separates a normal negotiator from a grand master negotiator.
- The unpredictability in a negotiation and in the courtroom.
- Utilizing your immediate network to connect with decision makers outside of your circle.
- The importance of your own word choice and listening to another’s word choice.
- You have to believe it is your courtroom and you are running the show, otherwise the show is being run on you. Either you’re in control or someone else is in control.
- In a community, within 4 degrees, there is likely somebody who has a way of reaching out to somebody you’re interested in connecting to.
- Make sure your bio is perfect – this can be your introduction to a potential client or partner and your first contact with that individual.
- How you present yourself can tell someone more than any amount of accolades on your website.
“If you present yourself in a way that generates confidence in the prospective client in the audience, you’re going to get called.” — Dave Johnson
Connect with Dave Johnson:
Professional Bio: law.stanford.edu/directory/david-johnson
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.