Duc Trang: Being a Top Law Firm Partner
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Duc Trang discuss:
- Engaging with companies about their business specifically.
- How to get in the door with a high-level GC.
- The value of different billing models.
- Trends in the law field as a result of COVID-19.
- It’s a lot cheaper to create additional revenue streams from your current client base.
- You want to have the headspace of your current clients so that they will have conversations about you when you’re not in the room or when you’re not asking
- We will all have our successes and our lack of successes.
- Take a clientcentric approach – stay curious and look outside of yourself and your career.
“In fact, [General Counsel are] probably talking to the firm because they’ve already been vetted that you have technical expertise, what they want to understand are two things: Do you understand my business and my business problem of which legal is only apart? And how would you marshall the resources at the firm to try to help you solve this business problems?” — Duc Trang
Connect with Duc Trang:
LinkedIn: Duc V. Trang
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.