In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Jerry Maatman discuss:
- The evolution of being a lawyer since Jerry started practicing in 1981.
- What goes beyond being a great lawyer that is critical to a successful, sustainable practice.
- Being responsive to your client in the age of the internet.
- Four Steps for going above and beyond what the standard lawyer is doing.
- You must be a great lawyer, a great problem solver, and have a great book of business.
- Resolve every day on how you will find the next case, the next project, the next client. Find ways to keep yourself supercharged and wanting to be the best lawyer you can be.
- Persistence, diligence, and dedication are key to being more than just a lawyer to your clients.
- If you’re not thinking about business development, someone else is stealing that work from you because they are thinking about it.
“The first is you need to invest in yourself. You need you time. Be your own best friend when it comes to business development. And by that, I mean you need to set aside time, not once a month, but every day to polish your brand, to enhance your skills, and to deepen your relationships.” — Jerry Maatman
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.