Ken Crutchfield: Technology, Relationships, and the Future of Your Law Firm
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Ken Crutchfield discuss:
- Thinking about the client first in building and growing your firm.
- The intersection between technology and relationships.
- Bringing in new talent to your firm (then retaining them).
- Looking to the future and understanding what your firm needs.
- There is pressure on clients to be better, faster, and cheaper. You get to decide how your firm helps your clients to reach their goals.
- Keep a pulse and check in with your clients. You can’t just rest on your laurels and assume they will stay with you.
- There is a tension between the desire for more transparency in billing, as well as more flat fees.
- Understanding the generational differences between your lawyers is extremely important to bringing in and retaining employees.
“If you aren’t mining and looking for talent in all places, you’re not going to have the talent pool that you need to be successful.” — Ken Crutchfield
Connect with Ken Crutchfield:
Future Ready Lawyer Survey: https://www.wolterskluwer.com/en/know/future-ready-lawyer-2021
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.