Robert Plotkin & Cynthia Gilbert: Specialization and Strategic Partnerships
In this episode, Steve Fretzin, Robert Plotkin, and Cynthia Gilbert discuss:
- Relationships at the root of all business and networks.
- Business development as a learned skill, regardless of personality.
- Commitment and the art of the follow through.
- From generalization to specialization.
- Different environments are better for different people. Know yourself and speak to people who are doing what you are thinking of doing.
- Be cautious about being too transactional in any networking situation.
- Connections allow you to offer your clients fuller service than you would be able to do otherwise with only your firm.
- People are more likely to remember a specialist than they are to remember a generalist.
“Although we are small and highly specialized, what we want to do is to be able to provide the client with the effective equivalent of a fuller service firm by being able to connect them with the other services that they need.” — Robert Plotkin
Connect with Robert Plotkin & Cynthia Gilbert:
Blueshift IP LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/blueshift-ip-llc/
Robert’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/robertplotkin/
Cynthia’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cynthiagilbert/
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.