Steve Seckler: Coaching to the Next Level
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Steve Seckler discuss:
- Getting to know others as a way to sell professional services.
- Challenges and issues facing lawyers in career transitions and building a law practice.
- Ways to start building your book of business.
- Transitioning out to potential retirement or out of the law.
- Selling legal services is not about a hard sell. It’s learning about people’s concerns and getting to know them over time.
- Lawyers, as a group, tend to be more conservative, which can make it difficult for them to make lateral moves or move to an equity role.
- Coaching is a strength, not a weakness. People have succeeded in every field at every level because of a coach.
- When you are thinking about transitioning, you want to have a plan in place. You won’t want to make the decisions on the doorstep out. You want to make the decisions long before you get out.
“The best subjects for coaching are the people that have the most potential.” — Steve Seckler
Connect with Steve Seckler:
LinkedIn: Stephen Seckler
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.