Susan Mendelsohn: A Strategy Driven Approach to Recruiting
In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Susan Mendelsohn discuss:
- Susan’s strategy and relationship driven approach to recruiting.
- Mistakes and misconceptions have regarding recruiting and bringing in new lawyers.
- Being recruitable as a lawyer and what to look for when looking to move.
- How the pandemic has affected recruiting.
- As a law firm, be very specific about what your needs are and identify what the opportunity is.
- Demonstrate that you are out, marketing your firm and yourself, and identifying opportunities and bringing in business.
- If you are not successful at your firm, evaluate if it is you or if it is your firm.
- As things start to return to normalcy and the pandemic winds down, there will be a lot of movement as lawyers and firms find the right fit.
“I think the biggest mistake is not really identifying what the opportunity is, and being very specific about it: Why do you have that need? What is the opportunity for that person? Come to the table having something identifiable and exciting to that candidate. ” — Susan Mendelsohn
Connect with Susan Mendelsohn:
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.